Paleo Diet / Vegetables
White Radish Fries with Mustard Dip
- 1 or 2 White Radishes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Bundle fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the White Radish and chop into pieces resembling French fries. Toss with the coconut oil and a few pinches of salt. Distribute in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 180°C for about 30 minutes or until the radish fries are tender and slightly browned. Near the end, you might need to remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the daikon around to prevent the pieces near the oven’s walls from burning.
- Remove the thyme leaves from the stems. Discard the stems and chop the leaves finely.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, freshly milled black pepper, and about 2⁄3 of the thyme.
- Remove the Radish fries from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄3 of the chopped thyme. Serve with the dipping sauce.