Unagi and Egg on Rice
- 400-500 g cooked rice (hot)
- Sansho pepper, as needed
- Cut the unagi into 2 cm squares. Cut the leek diagonally into thin slices. Lightly beat the egg (about 10 times).
- Put the [Simmering sauce] ingredients into a small frying pan or pot. Place over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil. Add the unagi and leeks.
- Add 1/2 the beaten egg and simmer for 20-30 seconds. Drizzle the remaining egg in a circular motion. Shake the pan until the eggs are half set.
- Put the rice in individual bowls and spoon the egg and unagi topping over it. Sprinkle with sansho pepper.