New Year / Seafood
Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Prawns
- 12 Medium Prawns
- 4 Cloves garlic – minced
- ½ Tablespoon ginger – minced
- 1/3 Cup fresh pineapples – diced
- Half a red chilli – seeded and minced
- Coriander – for garnishSeasoning:
- 2 Tablespoons plum sauce or chilli sauce
- Juice of one calamansi lime
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water (for thickening the sauce)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil and then pan-fry the prawns until just cooked. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in the same pan, and sauté ginger and garlic until aromatic. Add in the pineapple and red chilli, and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Then toss in the cooked prawns and mix evenly with the sauce.
- Add seasoning and stir-fry over high heat for half a minute. Dish out, and Coriander. Serve warm with rice.
Recipe from Season with Spice