Steak with Blue Mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 x 200g striploin steak
- Salt and pepper
- 20g blue cheese
- 20g mascarpone
- A small handful of chives, finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Large handful of watercress, to serve
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat and preheat your grill to maximum.
- Remove the mushroom stalks and discard. Season the steak and mushrooms with a little salt and pepper. When the griddle is hot, carefully lay the mushrooms skin side down in the pan, followed by the steak.
- Cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes on one side only and remove. Cook the steak for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Transfer the steak to a plate and keep it warm until you’re ready to eat.
- While the steak is cooking, break the blue cheese into a bowl, dollop in the mascarpone and slide in the chives. Beat together until smooth, then spoon and press the mixture into the grilled side of the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms, cheese side up, on a baking tray with the tomatoes alongside. Grill the vegetables for about 6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling up.
- It doesn’t matter how you serve this one up – just get all the ingredients onto a plate, chuck on a handful of watercress to freshen things up, and get stuck in.
This recipe is from Joe Wicks Lean in 15 cookbook, healthy eating together with exercise.