Seasoned Pork Meatballs and Spaghetti
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 Tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 500g Pork Seasoned Meatballs
- 90g streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoon flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 300g Dried spaghetti
Heat a frying pan until hot, then add the tomatoes and olive oil and bring to a gentle simmer.
Add the garlic, chilli and half of the basil and cook for 10 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Season, to taste, with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a little sugar.
Place the bacon, thyme and parsley into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Season with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Place the meatballs, bacon, thyme and parsley into the tomato sauce and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions.
Drain the spaghetti, then add to the tomato and meatball sauce. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the remaining basil.
To serve, spoon equal portions of the spaghetti and meatballs into warmed bowls.