Seared Canadian Scallops with Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Lemon
- 200 g Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 3 Bacon chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic chopped
- Canadian Wild-Caught Scallops
- Finely grate lemon rind to make 2 teaspoons zest, juice lemon to make 1 tablespoon juice.Set aside.
- Pull leaves from brussels sprouts; cut cores in half. Set all aside.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. With a spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain all but 2 teaspoon fat from pan, cook brussels sprouts and garlic, stirring occasionally, until brussels sprouts start to brown, about 5 minutes. Add cup water and pinch each salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until almost no water remains. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Scrape onto platter; top with bacon.
- Sprinkle scallops with a pinch each salt and pepper. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook scallops, turning once, until opaque inside and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve on brussels sprouts mixture.