Korean Pork and Red Pepper Stew
- 500g Pork for Stewing
- 2 Red peppers, seeded and thickly sliced
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped (2 set aside)
- 1 Red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon crushed chilli paste
- 2 Tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon soft light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole dish. Add the pork and sear over a medium-high heat for 6-8 mins, turning until browned on all sides. Remove the pork from the pan, and set aside on a plate, until needed.
- Using the same pan, cook the peppers for 5 mins, stirring, until just starting to brown at the edges.
- Add the spring onion, chilli, ½ teaspoon of the chilli paste, soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and transfer to the oven for 1.5-2 hrs, or until the pork is tender, but still holds its shape. Season to taste, adding the remaining chilli paste, if needed.
- Shred the reserved spring onions and scatter over the stew, to serve.