Beef / Local Delights / Main Ingredient
Beef Ching Chang
- 500g Beef for Stir Fry
- 100g Shallots, sliced thinly
- 5 Tbsps of Chilli Powder
- A handful of curry leaves
- A pinch of salt
- 100ml of coconut cream
- 1 cup of water
- Marinate the beef in the chilli powder and set it aside for a few hours or overnight.
- Add oil to a pan, add curry leaves ( reserve some for garnish) and shallots. Make sure the leaves are dry so that the oil does not splash.
- Once the shallots are translucent, add the marinated beef and salt.
- Add 80ml of the coconut cream and the cup of water
- Cook until the beef is tender and the curry thickens. This should take another 30 to 45 mins.
- Finally, put the left over curry leaves for garnish.
Recipe from: Eurasiantable.com