Paleo Diet / Vegetables
Baked Asparagus Fries
- 450g Asparagus
- 2 Egg whites
- Salt (for taste)
- Black pepper (for taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of Mayonaise
- 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs or you can make your own
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees°C Prepare asparagus by trimming off the tough woody stems
- Set up a breading station by whipping egg whites and mayonnaise together (the mayonnaise helps the whites stick to the asparagus). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate dish, add panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste and mix. Dip each asparagus spear in egg wash, then evenly coat in seasoned panko breadcrumbs. Place spears on a wire rack over a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil (this will help them crisp up).
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 to 17 minutes. Serve immediately.