Pork Katsu Don
- 2-3 cubes Japanese curry
- 300g Cooked Japanese rice
- 2 Churo Pork Katsu
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Large potato
- 1 Carrot
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Fukujinzuke pickled radish
- Peel and cut onion, potato and carrot into small chunks.
- Add chopped vegetables to a large pan and fill the pan approximately half-way with water.
- Bring the water to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Prepare rice while vegetables are cooking.
- Take Pork Katsu and deep-fry in vegetable oil.
- Add 2-3 blocks of curry roux to vegetables and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Stir until curry sauce is thick and smooth.
- Slice cooked pork katsu into strips and lay over a bed of rice, then add the curry sauce. Garnish with pickled radish and enjoy.