Fish / Local Delights
Batang Fish Soup
- 500g Thick bee hoon
- 100g Ikan bilis, washed
- 5 Slices ginger
- 1 litre water
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 Teaspoon of light soya sauce
- 500g Batang fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 dried seaweed, shredded
- 1 sprig coriander, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the bee hoon for 5 minutes. Drain and divide equally into four bowls. Fry the ikan bilis with the ginger slices until brown.
- Fill the pot with 1 litre of water. Add the fried ikan bilis and ginger and cook for 30min over medium heat. Remove the ikan
- bilis and continue boiling.
- Add the salt, sesame oil and soya sauce.
- Add the batang fillets and cook until they turn white.
- Divide the fish slices and tomatoes equally into the four bowls of noodles.
- Pour the soup over noodles and top with seaweed and coriander.
Recipe from herworld.